Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Circle Of Animals - Destroy The Light

Artist: Circle Of Animals
Album: Destroy The Light
Year: 2010
Genre(s): Industrial, metal

Circle Of Animals is Sanford Parker (Minsk, Nachtmystium, High Confessions) and Bruce Lamont (Yakuza) with various guests such as the drummers from Cephalic Carnage, Sonic Youth, Tortoise, and more. This album sounds to me like an attempt to return to the Wax Trax! industrial sound from back in the day, but is by no means merely nostalgic- it certainly shines a new light and puts its own original spin on industrial metal. I got this one for Christmas and had never heard of it before and was extremely pleasantly surprised. Highly, highly recommended.

Download.

Posted by DW.

By the way...

Sorry I haven't been posting much. I'm on break from school which means I have a much slower Internet connection at the moment and it's kind of impractical to contribute right now. Nonetheless, here's at least one album since I haven't put any up in awhile. In mid-January I should be speeding up my posting to a regular pace again.

2 comments:

Tony Maim said...

Thanks for this - nice blog as well!

The Big Dipster said...

You're welcome, Tony, and thanks! Glad you like it.

Post a Comment